Surface treatments on moulded components can drastically improve and enhance their operating characteristics, performance and lifetime.
At Novotema, our professional and experienced engineers can recommend innovative solutions to reduce wear and tear and adhesion of new and existing elastomer components throughout a range of industry-specific applications, such as gas & oil, automotive and medical.
How can Novotema’s surface treatments help?
Surface treatments and coatings typically lower the friction coefficient of elastomers materials and parts, thereby reducing the effects of wear and sliding force in rubber components used for dynamic applications.
Surface treatments are also extremely effective in increasing protection against harsh engineering environments and chemicals.
We’re able to recommend a range of surface treatments for your application, inclusive of:
- Plasma coating (PECVD - Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapour deposition)
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Molybdenum disulphide (Molykote®)
- Silicone oil
For further information on our surface treatments or for assistance or consultancy on your application, contact our team of experienced engineers via email, on the phone or via our Live Chat facility.
Benefits of surface treatments:-
- Makes initial installation, feeding on automatic machinery and the assembly of equipment easier, the coating acts like a lubricant, reducing the friction coefficient.
- Improved performance of dynamic sealing components with reduced friction and sticking.
- Extended life-time of components due to reduced wear and protection from chemical attack.
Independent testing and consultancy services for companies and organizations that are looking for assistance in investigating elastomer materials.Find Out More
Research and development, testing and analysis of polymer materials to ensure final components meet customer specifications and requirements.Find Out More